Before you arrive
On these pages we have collected information that is useful for you when you are preparing for your studies at Lund University. Don't miss the arrival and orientation pages with important information on your first weeks in Lund.
Read your Pre-Arrival Guide
All admitted students are sent a pre-arrival guide before the start of the semester. These guides provide detailed information to help you prepare for your stay in Lund and the answers to most of the questions we receive from students.
- International exchange students spring 2021 Pre-Arrival Guide (PDF, new window)
- International degree/course students spring 2021 Pre-Arrival Guide (PDF, new window)
Important documents to bring
- You need to bring your admission results (the Notification of Selection Results, available as a PDF from your universityadmissions.se account).
- If you are an exchange student, bring your Letter of Acceptance (sent to you by your coordinator at Lund University).
You will need your document (either the admission results or letter of acceptance) on Arrival Day, when you check-in, and when taking care of various other practical matters throughout the semester – both at the University and at other agencies and services in Sweden.
If you were conditionally admitted to a Master's programme while still finalising your Bachelor's degree, remember to submit your final transcripts and diploma as soon as you receive them, and bring the documents with you to Sweden as well.
Learn more about each important step by following the links below:
- Find housing (it can be difficult to find housing in Lund, so start early)
- Pay your tuition fee invoice (if applicable)
- Apply for a residence permit (if applicable)
- Make sure that you have insurance
- Make sure you have sufficient money to cover your living expenses (and your tuition fee, if applicable)
You may also want to:
- Be in Lund in time for Arrival Day
- Join in the Orientation Weeks at the start of the semester
- Join a mentor group to kick-start your social life in Lund
- Learn some Swedish before coming to Sweden or sign up for classes offered once you are in Lund
More information and questions
Further practical information will be provided upon your arrival, both in the welcome package that you will receive on Arrival Day and at the general information meeting. We look forward to seeing you in Lund soon!
If you have any other questions, please contact your programme coordinator, or your exchange coordinator at Lund University.
Are you bringing a spouse, partner and/or children with you to Sweden?