Students with disabilities

If you have a disability, for example dyslexia, a visual impairment, or ADHD, and would like to study at Lund University, we can provide you with support during your studies.

In order to receive support, you must have a certificate stating that your disability is long-term or permanent, or documentation from your home university. We ask that you get in touch with your accessibility officer at Lund University when you apply for a programme/course, so that we can provide you with the best and most complete information possible and prepare the support you need.    

Pedagogical support offered online due to the coronavirus

In order to reduce the spread of infection of the coronavirus, we are switching to online meetings or phone meetings until further notice. If you have any questions, please contact the accessibility officer you have previously been in contact with.

See the University's information for current students at the International Desk webpage

Learning support

At Lund University we offer the following forms of learning support:

  • Note-taking
  • Special arrangements for exams
  • Study skills tuition
  • Talking books
  • Mentor
  • Special educator

You will discuss with your accessibility officer what forms of learning support are appropriate for you.

Exchange students

If you are planning to come to Lund University on an exchange programme, you and your coordinator at your home university must contact us when you apply for exchange.

Independent students/Master’s students

If you are an independent student, or ‘free-mover’, we do not need to have any contact with your previous university. You should contact us yourself to let us know that you are going to study at Lund University. We ask you to apply for learning support when you apply to Lund University.

Apply for learning support

To be able to take advantage of the support we offer, you will need to apply for learning support by filling in the online application form below. To submit your application, you must also upload a certificate of your permanent disability, or a document from your former university stating you have received learning support.

Once we have received your application, we will contact you for a meeting in person.

Fill in the learning support online application form at (click in the right hand corner for English)
If you are experiencing trouble logging into the application system, please do not hesitate to contact one of the accessibility officers.

Hearing impairments/interpretation

If you have a hearing impairment and require sign language interpretation, it can be difficult to find qualified education interpreters, because there are only a limited number of interpreters in Sweden who are able to interpret different sign languages.

Housing, personal assistance, transport

Unfortunately, we are not able to help you find adapted accommodation for people with disabilities. If you have special accommodation requirements, please contact AF Bostäder, who manage a small number of adapted residences for people with disabilities in Lund.

Read more about adapted accommodation on the AF Bostäder website

It is not possible to receive help with personal assistance from the University either, neither during teaching nor during your free time. In order to receive personal assistance from the municipality, you must have a Swedish personal identity number. For more information, please contact the City of Lund and ask about ‘LSS’ (Act concerning Support and Service for Persons with Certain Functional Impairments).

A Swedish personal identity number is also a requirement for you to have access to transport services to and from lectures and in your free time. For more information, please contact the City of Lund and ask about community transport (‘färdtjänst’).

Visit the City of Lund website

Contact information – Accessibility Officers

Please contact the Accessibility Officer at your faculty for information about available support and how to apply for it:

Carina Argelius
Student coordinator for students at Campus Helsingborg and Faculties of Humanities and Theology
carina [dot] argelius [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 3430

Christel Berg
Coordinator for the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts and Faculty of Social Sciences
christel [dot] berg [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 3490

Kristian Frennessen
Coordinator for the School of Economics and Management, Faculty of Law, School of Social Work and the Bachelor’s degree programme in Political Science
kristian [dot] frennessen [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 8681

Christina Rowa
Coordinator for the Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Science
christina [dot] rowa [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 7050

Frida Björk
Coordinator for the Faculty of Medicine
frida [dot] bjork [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 7077

Liselott Eriksson
Coordinator for Mentors
liselott [dot] eriksson [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 8826

Henrik Mejborn
Special Educator
henrik [dot] mejborn [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 3452